Frontiers in Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology with Thomas Verny
40 years of Scientific Discoveries with Thomas Verny, MD
Frontiers in Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology
40 Years of Scientific Discoveries with
Dr. Thomas Verny, MD
Founder of APPPAH
In this five-part series, Dr. Verny, MD, APPPAH’s founder and first President, takes you on a journey through the scientific discoveries that have unfolded in recent years.This information is not routinely taught in medical school or traditional education around pregnancy and birth.
Understanding these principles is vitally important to all practitioners who work with pregnant mothers and new babies.This knowledge will provide them with tools to practice the art and science of prenatal and perinatal psychology according to the most recent research in neuroscience, epigenetics, bonding, and other perinatal fields.
For the first time ever, this seminal work is consolidated into an in-depth, five-part series that will take you through four decades of scientific discoveries in the field of birth psychology.
Thomas R. Verny is a psychiatrist, writer and academic. His seminal book, The Secret Life of the Unborn Child became an international bestseller published now in 27 countries and has changed the pregnancy and childbirth experience for millions of mothers and fathers.
- The Secret Life of the Unborn Child, (with John Kelly). Summit Books, USA and Collins, Canada, 1981. (Published in 27 countries)
- Pre-And Peri-Natal Psychology: An Introduction (Ed.) Human Sciences Press, New York, USA, 1987
- Parenting Your Unborn Child. Doubleday, Toronto, Canada, 1988. (Also published in Japan)
- Nurturing The Unborn Child (with Pamela Weintraub). Delacorte Press, United States and Canada, 1991, (Also published in Italy, Brazil, Japan and Spain)
- Gifts Of Our Fathers. Crossing Press, Freedom, CA, 1994. Fitzhenry & Whiteside, Toronto, 1994
- Tomorrow's Baby: The Art and Science of Parenting from Conception through Infancy, Simon & Schuster, New York, 2002. (Also published in Spain, Germany, Italy, Brazil and Japan)
- Pre-Parenting: Nurturing your Child from Conception, Simon & Schuster, New York, 2003. (This is the paperback edition of Tomorrow's Baby).
- The Impact of Prenatal Factors on Prenatal Development (2018) in Prenatal Psychology: 100 Years by Ludwig Janus, Thomas R. Verny, Arthur Janov (Author), Michel Odent, Jon RG Turner (Author), Troya GN Turner, Grigori Brekhman, Dejan Rakovic, Mirjana Sovilji, Olga Gouni, Ioanna Mari, Laura Uplinger, Glenna Batson, Maria Athanasekou, Elizabetha Levin, Ronald Cole