Midwifery and Prenatal and Perinatal Healing
Lectures by midwives and and others to support optimal birth experiences
About This Series: APPPAH is committed to the midwifery model of care for many reasons: It is mother and baby friendly, provides continuity of care and a quality of presence with birth that decreases maternal and infant mortality and morbidity. It also increases the likelihood that the birthing family will get off to a great start. Data has shown that the midwifery model increases birth outcomes yet is under utilized in many parts of the world. In this series you will have the opportunity to hear from midwives and others that support this model of care and optimal birth experiences for everyone.There are two parts: Presentations from midwives in our program, and presentations that support birth outcomes for your complete learning pleasure. There is also a bonus section with papers by practitioners, and a video about improving the baby's experience of birth.Three lectures have been chosen as a Free Preview for you as a gift! Enjoy!
The Midwife Presentations include:
- Jennie Joseph, CPM, Let's Stop Re-traumatizing the Traumatized! Providing Perinatal Safety The JJ WayⓇ (Free Preview)
- Amber Price, DNP CNM RN, Innovative Postpartum Nursing Practice: From Tasking to Thinking. Integration of Evidence Based Practice in a traditional hospital setting.
- Mary Jackson, RN, RCSTⓇ, SEP: Supported Attachment (Free Preview)
- Maryl Smith, CPM: The Art of Trauma Sensitive Intake plus bonus content:Identifying Trauma Survivors in Absence of Disclosure and Creating Space, Personality Needs
- Heather Clarke, PhD, CNM: The Impact of Transgenerational influences and Race on Perinatal Outcomes for Black Women living in the United States
- Karen Strange, CPM: The Baby's Experience of Birth and Tools for Healing
The Presentations that Support Birth Outcomes include:
- Barbara Decker, HBCE, HBFC, CLD, Prenatal Bonding(GPE)(BA):Prenatal Bonding During Pregnancy: A New Paradigm in Childbirth Education
- Robbie Davis-Floyd, PhD: Birth Models That Work: Standing the Test of Time (Free Preview)
- Kate White, MA, BCBMT, RCSTⓇ, CEIM, SEP, PPNE: Understanding Early Imprints: Memory and the Conscious Baby plus bonus content on The Birth Sequence
- Sandra Bardsley, RN, Childbirth Educator: Create a Joyful Birth: Relax, Connect, Prepare, incudes one exercise from her book: Creating a Joyful Birth Experience: Cluster Writing.
- Ray Castellino, DC (retired), RPP, RCSTⓇ & Tara Blasco, PhD: Healthy Families, Healthy Babies: Bonding and Attachment, plus an interview with Ray Castellino on his Principles.
- Raylene Phillips, MD, MA, IBCLC, FABM, FAAP, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital Division of Neonatology: The Sacred Hour
- Caring for New Born, by Ray Castellino, DC (retired), RPP, RCSTⓇ, from Module 9 of the Prenatal and Perinatal Educator Certificate Program
- Every Baby Tells a Story: A Youtube video from APPPAH Past President Dennis Hertenstein, DC.
Kate White is an award-winning prenatal and perinatal educator and an advanced bodyworker. She is trained in somatic therapies, prenatal and perinatal health, lactation, brain development, infant mental health, and has specialized in mother-baby dyad care using somatic prevention and trauma healing approaches for nearly 20 years. She is a mother of two children, holds a BA and MA in Communication, a Registered Craniosacral Therapist in the Biodynamic Craniosacral method and a Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner. Her work combines somatic therapy, birth preparation, recovery from difficult birth, trauma resolution and brain development to help give families with babies and small children the best possible start. She is the Founding Director of Education for the Association for Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Health and currently co-directs this department, administering an online program for parents and parent professionals, runs a private practice and offers her own seminars through the Center for Prenatal and Perinatal Programs, ppncenter.com.
PreviewLet's Stop Re-traumatizing the Traumatized! Providing Perinatal Safety The JJ WayⓇ with Jennie Joseph, CPM, Founder, Commonsense Childbirth (80:23)
StartInnovative Postpartum Nursing practice: from Tasking to Thinking. Integration of Evidence Based Practice in a Traditional Hospital Setting. with Amber Price, DNP CNM RN (73:20)
PreviewSupported Attachment with Mary Jackson, RN, LM, RCST, SEP (67:05)
StartThe Art of Trauma Sensitive Intake with Maryl Smith, CPM, LDM plus bonus material (85:49)
StartThe Impact of Transgenerational Influences and Race on Perinatal Outcomes with Heather Clarke, CNM (92:57)
StartThe Baby's Experience of Birth and Tools for Healing with Karen Strange, CPM (75:37)
StartPrenatal Bonding During Pregnancy: A New Paradigm in Childbirth Education with Barbara Decker HBCE, HBFC, CLD, Prenatal Bonding(GPE)(BA), (60:35)
PreviewBirth Models That Work: Standing the Test of Time with Robbie Davis-Floyd, PhD (84:51)
StartUnderstanding Early Imprints: Memory and the Conscious Baby with Kate White, MA, BCBMT, RCST, CEIM, SEP, PPNE (16:34)
StartCreate a Joyful Birth: Relax, Connect, Prepare with Sandra Bardsley, RN, LCCE, FACCE, CD, childbirth educator (62:32)
StartHealthy Families, Healthy Babies: Bonding and Attachment with Ray Castellino, DC and Tara Blasco, PhD (66:13)
StartThe Sacred Hour with Raylene Phillips, MD (75:52)